Friday, July 17, 2009

Cliche'mongers

Why do some people not realize that using cliches is not going to make them look any smarter? How the hell do they get themselves to say it with the full knowledge that it has been said in the same freaking context a quadrillion times before? And worst of all, why do they have to appear very wise when they blurt out the banality? The last question I asked is the most significant because the self-imposed wisdom on such people makes me squirm like a jellyfish. Unfortunately, I can only squirm like a jellyfish and not suck blood like them. These buggers deserve nothing less than these near-fatal stings!

I am going to test a few of them on you, if your nerves get frazzled and your temper becomes unstable, stop reading further and go to the next paragraph as these cliches are not worth the strands of hair you will be pulling out!

  • Nothing is impossible, even Impossible says I M Possible.
  • I live life to the fullest.
  • If you assume, you are making an ass of you and me because assume = ass + u + me.
  • I work hard and party harder.
  • I am a die-hard go-getter.
  • All a guy needs is a cold beer and a hot chick.
  • Hum khushi mein bhi peete hai, gham mein bhi peete hai.
  • Quitters never win and winners never quit.
  • A light at the end of the tunnel may be that of an oncoming train.
  • Nice guys finish last.

Can't write anymore as the vein in my head is already throbbing. But do notice that the ones I've listed above are not overused english proverbs or idioms. They are dumb sentences blurted out by over-enthusiastic, extroverted donkeys posing as human beings.

Whenever I read them, I am reminded of macho guys who suffer grand delusions about themselves. Not only do they lack originality but also believe that it'll sound better when they say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment