Saturday, August 08, 2009

The Early Bird

They say that the Early Bird gets the Worm. Frankly, I don't know who the 'they' in "They say" are but I'm not so sure I agree with what 'they' say. I have a habit of being early everywhere but I haven't got the worm yet! To be fair to 'they' I haven't actively looked for worms neither am I a bird. Frankly, I've been damaging my brain lately by watching a stupid jungle reality show and have realized that worms don't taste that good. More about that later, we are talking about earliness! (Don't know if there is a word like earliness).

I wake up unfashionably early; I'm early for interviews; when I was in sales, I was always early for client meets; I'm early for parties and functions; frankly, I'm sick and tired of being early everywhere. I must be the only salesperson who got shouted at by his client for coming in early! I've realized very late that it is not in the Indian ethos to be on time, leave alone being early. I'm glad that I'm late at least somewhere.

What these 'they' people don't say is that the early worm gets eaten by the bird. Even if I do get eaten by a bird, I'm sure people will not refer to me as the 'late' Salil Khetani posthumously!

No comments:

Post a Comment